Wednesday, November 5, 2008

Happy Obama Day!


I can’t say it better than Michael Moore:

We may, just possibly, also see a time of refreshing openness, enlightenment and creativity. The arts and the artists will not be seen as the enemy. Perhaps art will be explored in order to discover the greater truths. When FDR was ushered in with his landslide in 1932, what followed was Frank Capra and Preston Sturgis, Woody Guthrie and John Steinbeck, Dorothea Lange and Orson Welles. All week long I have been inundated with media asking me, "gee, Mike, what will you do now that Bush is gone?" Are they kidding? What will it be like to work and create in an environment that nurtures and supports film and the arts, science and invention, and the freedom to be whatever you want to be? Watch a thousand flowers bloom! We've entered a new era, and if I could sum up our collective first thought of this new era, it is this: Anything Is Possible.

3 comments:

Spatula said...

*high fives Carol*

I feel more hope today than I have for some time. Suddenly I feel a lot better about my impending move to the US next year, too :-D

Brave new world? It just might be.

martha miller said...

Hallelujah, AMEN!

Hannah said...

My humble musical letter to president Obama:
www.writinghannah.blogspot.com

Best,
Hannah